Thursday, March 03, 2005

Life indeed is a lay over.

I've now been in countless airports. Sitting in wait at countless terminals and most often waiting at countless lay overs between places. I've played every airport game in the book to not bore myself into some comatose state that leaves me falling asleep on the cold linoleum floor only to be scooped up by airport security and held as a vagrant terrorist using up heaps of airport bureaucracy reserved for other important patrons. Ok it's 2:16 am and I'm starting to hallucinate and not make any sense even to myself.

Now I wanted to be vaguely philosophical to celebrate the name change of my blog so let me at least play at some kind of attempt. Here's my theory in life you are always going somewhere or waiting to go somewhere layed over at some filthy nowhere airport. Now even nowhere lay overs can be part of the adventure... so don't knock it. Also choosing to go nowhere is in a sense going somewhere and that place is in fact "Nowhere." So apathetic behavior does have a result... not really the kind that bears banana's and apples and pears... or any other kind of fruit.... more like raisins or bran... or something else not really fit for human consumption.

Now at the risk of being shot to snot by various commentators I believe that plays out into the spiritual aspect of our lives. Whether we make a choice toward some deity or not we still have to make a choice of some kind. Even if that choice is no choice... sooner or later the lay over of life is going to come to an end and we're going to have to board the plane out of here and hopefully we're on the plane that goes somewhere worth while.

Now I've heard some people say that they don't believe in God or the afterlife... we call them atheists. Well my theory is that atheists are in fact the people who do not exist. See to be an atheist you would need to know absolutely everything beyond all human comprehension. Now if you indeed did have this omniscient knowledge at your fingertips you would be God and if you were God well... Then you couldn't be an atheist could you. So I'd say maybe... just an idea mind you... but maybe at least be humble enough to call yourself an agnostic. At least have an ego small enough to say "Well... I'm not sure..." anyway.... as for me and my house we will serve the lord.... I've got nothing to lose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home