Saturday, April 02, 2005

April's fool.

On the 1st of April 1980 Thando Gajula was born. On the 1st of April 2005 he drove out to a remote location, climbed over a fence, walked along the top of a damn wall and jumped off to his death below.

Thando was a brother. We didn't have the same mothers. We weren't even from the same cultural or colour background. But he was a brother. As deep as that word implies. We expereinced joy and pain together. Our lives had forever become intertwined. But Thando has also died a thief. Not in any sort of materialistic intentional manner... but he stole from me. He stole a friend that is now gone forever... until we meet face to face in eternity.

He has left a hole that refuses to be filled.

Oh April fool- by Clint botha

Oh April fool why did you leap?
was there freedom in that fall?
Has grace revealed itself,
It's fullness felt in death?

Oh how I wish that you had stumbled
That death itself had cheated me.
But my friend has robbed me,
Using tools of life's twilight foe.
And this rage now rests on you.

Too close to the sun you sored.
Icheris, you have melted wings.
And you tumbled past the darkness.
Abba arms have caught you
Grace abounds in all things.
Now you are ever closer to the Son
cheated life in death oh april fool.
But I am the fool and you have cheated me.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love I am so sorry to hear this, I feel even worse being so far away when this happened. I love you so much and praying for you every minute...I'll call you Sunday your time Love.

1:49 PM

 
Blogger lolabythesea said...

It tore me apart. But now you're in SA and its so good to see you. Oh and dont forget to give me the stuff Dave gave u 2 give 2 me. Thanks bro. Love Lorien

1:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bro..

It's like the 3rd wheel is gone and the tri-cycle falls over.

It looks like there are two of us left.. You 'aint getting rid of me..

7:51 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

im sorry.i miss thando too.
i guess all we can do is have faith
(from someone at pbc)

2:55 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yoh, i duno why but i just did a search for my big bro on google... i miss him so much even tho he's been gone so long. i still cry for him... i cant even imagine how much it must still suck for my boyfriend, A-K, and for you Clint... God bless

12:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home